Also, I just noticed that Helvetica is NOT one of the font choices on blogger! This is shocking and somewhat comforting.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
HELVETICA!
I am in love with Helvetica.. the movie that is, not the font. Anywho, back to the topic of the movie. Helvetica is EVERYWHERE omg. I already knew this but i really loved watching it in the movie. I learned a lot about the font and reasons why so many companies use it today. On the first day of one of my classes my professor asked us, "Do any of you have a favorite typeface?" One kid raised his hand eagerly and said he loves Helvetica because it is so new and modern and current.. I almost died. Since then ive been wondering when it came about and why. Being too lazy to look it up myself I was happy that the film addressed when, why, and how it came into existence. h.e.l.v.e.t.i.c.a. this word, this font is one of the most loved and hated. People love it with no reason behind the love. Others hate it because they think they should as others do. Helvetica is a really keen movie, I am putting it on my list of movies to someday buy. =] The movie was intriguing and I learned a lot about typefaces in general that I did not know. Some people may have found the film boring but this was right up my alley. Helvetica as they say in the film is a neutral font. Companies by using it can be seen as to not make a political statement or people to judge their products from the font they use to represent them. There will probably never be an end to helvetica.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment